Sunday, July 13, 2008

Heart of the Matter Friday Meme

This is a great Meme and I have had fun reading everyones blogs. I must admit with my mom's illness and death this last school year was anything but easy. We didn't work at school as much as we should of. Except for my high schooler, she kept up on at three core subjects and I am proud of her for that. This was my third year homeschooling my children.

What hasn't worked for us:

1. Homeschool groups....we have tried so many and just don't fit in with any of them. I really thought it was us, and it might be, but I am now not fretting about it.
2. Classes outside of the home...just ruins our whole day, while we do go to plays, art and science museums and even the zoo, I don't participate in the classes. When the kids did the classes they talked more about how the other kids acted and not what they were learning!!
3. Not planning a schedule...we tried to just wing it and it doesn't work for my children. They do need structure and a set schedule. Of course this year was totally different with dealing with mom.
4. Yelling and screaming when they really needed a hug!!
5. Threatening to send them to public school, when I really don't want to do it!!
6. Trying to plan too much in a day, week and even a month!! There is just so much fun things to do with every subject, we don't even get to finish the projects!!!
7. Not taking a day off when we really need it!!!
8. Not putting the Lord first.
9. Not giving each child individual time with me.

I know that this year will be different, not sure if it will be better, but we are still going to homeschool!!!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing!

http://lighthouseacademys.wordpress.com

Derby Queen said...

YES!!! NO SCHOOL!!!! Lol!! Do I still get to keep my Computer in my room???? Cuz I like it here...I don't want the desk to ruin the new tile! ;)

So can I go to that concert????? Katie said she'll ask her mom tomorrow...can we have a sleepover that night and the next night? cuz like we need a day together cuz she's gone like all month...and then on the 1st, we can like pamper ourselves for the prom.

Did you read the quote of the day today? OMG it's insane! These are all driving me INSANE!!! I can't wait 18 more days!

Trina

Mrs. Darling said...

Homeschooling is not for the feint of heart but you are right. We will all keep homeschooling. Tink needs a schedule too. I think really most kids do if moms were honest about it!

FatcatPaulanne said...

The worst day of homeschooling is still better than the best day at public school!

Freakmom said...

Great list. I am going to work on my own list.

Big Momma said...

I see that I am not the only one.