This is a great Meme and I have had fun reading everyones blogs. I must admit with my mom's illness and death this last school year was anything but easy. We didn't work at school as much as we should of. Except for my high schooler, she kept up on at three core subjects and I am proud of her for that. This was my third year homeschooling my children.
What hasn't worked for us:
1. Homeschool groups....we have tried so many and just don't fit in with any of them. I really thought it was us, and it might be, but I am now not fretting about it.
2. Classes outside of the home...just ruins our whole day, while we do go to plays, art and science museums and even the zoo, I don't participate in the classes. When the kids did the classes they talked more about how the other kids acted and not what they were learning!!
3. Not planning a schedule...we tried to just wing it and it doesn't work for my children. They do need structure and a set schedule. Of course this year was totally different with dealing with mom.
4. Yelling and screaming when they really needed a hug!!
5. Threatening to send them to public school, when I really don't want to do it!!
6. Trying to plan too much in a day, week and even a month!! There is just so much fun things to do with every subject, we don't even get to finish the projects!!!
7. Not taking a day off when we really need it!!!
8. Not putting the Lord first.
9. Not giving each child individual time with me.
I know that this year will be different, not sure if it will be better, but we are still going to homeschool!!!