Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ever feel like God is talking to you??

http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-thoughts-vs-gods-word.html


I have been struggling with the guilt of my mom's death. I know alot of it is emotional due to the hormones in my body. I also know that guilt is one of the grieving process's. But the guilt is still there. I have been reading the blog of Proverbs 31 daily devotions.

Today's theme was like God telling me I am okay. I did enough for my mom. She knows that I did and appreciated it.

But Satan likes to throw those thoughts in your head,"You left her when she cried and begged you to stay. She needed you and you abandoned her." Even though I will struggle with these thoughts, I now know that Jesus is here with me and I am worthy!! She is in heaven and happy!!

Bunny

4 comments:

FatcatPaulanne said...

I know you did the absolute best that you could to take care of her. It's so incredibly hard and sometimes you have to step back and take care of yourself just a little bit or you will fall completely apart. Don't be hard on yourself. You did the best you could and now she's in a better place and one day you will be reunited.

Funky-Redhead said...

Someone recently reminded me that guilt is the most unproductive emotion we humans have, and that no good can come from it. Don't know if that helps you or not, but it made sense to me. So sorry to hear you lost your mother.

thislittlepiggy said...

HUGS

Amie said...

you did all you could and all anyone expected of you...it's probably natural to feel guilt afterwards, but honestly Bun, it was out of your hands and in God's. Hugs!