Friday, December 07, 2007

Responsiblity

I found a website that I have been using for a couple of months.
www.charactercounts.org
It gives you a character trait to work on for the whole month. I choose which character trait I need to work on with both my kids!!
They have different traits like, responsibility, honesty, gratitude, generosity, courage, knowledge, caring, fairness, patriotism and respect.
These are things my children need to be working on. They have two different levels, elementary (which I use with Dylan) and High School (for Katrina).
They give you a list of books to read, quotes for each day. I will try to post them daily, but I am sure I will forget!!
Some of the quotes hit home!! I purchased to small dry erase boards at Lakeshore for each one of them.
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/ca%7CsearchResults~~p%7C2534374302060931~~.jsp
I then write a quote on the board, and we discuss it.
Katrina will read her quotes and come in to me and tell me "I hate you!" because they are describing her to a capital T!!
Like:
"The best prepartation for tomorrow's work is to do your work as well as you can today." Elbert Hubbard

"Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life." Unknown

For Dylan:
"Let deeds match words." Plato
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin

They have been fun, and I hope that they are learning from them!!

It is FINALLY getting a bit cooler here. I can actually wear jeans once in a while.

Mom has finished her radiation. She has a couple weeks off and will start chemo on Dec. 26th.
We are going to spend Christmas with them this year. Kids are kinda sad about not being at home, but understand why I want to go to their home.

We are celebrating Dylan's 10th birthday tomorrow (not true date) by having 6 friends come over, we will go play 18 holes of miniature golf, back for pizza, cake and presents.
I am leaving now to buy his cake, soda, chips etc!!
Have a wonderful day and weekend.
Bunny

2 comments:

Amie said...

Good luck with the party!!

Lisa said...

Happy birthday to your Dylan! :o)