Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Daily Focus from Alpha Omega

First I want to thank all 4 of my blogging friends for their support and hugs. It meant so much to me....(I even cried)... Thanks for listening to me, it helps sometimes just to write and then when I got the wonderful replies it made it better to deal with. I still can't talk on the phone without "losing" it!!
Anyways,

I get this newsletter from Alpha Omega, and some days it seems to fit me to the letter T.
Not only in my homeschooling life, but my everyday busy part of life. It really "perks" my feelings. Now if they would only do one so I wouldn't want to drink beer!!! (I know you don't "know" me, but I LOVE my beer. I am trying not to LOVE it so much. It is hard.

I will write more of what is going on soon. I am so tired, and trying to get back to schooling daily, and clean my house among other things!!!
I miss reading all my blogging friends and will try hard to catch up this week.


The Dark Side of HomeschoolingTuesday / October 16, 2007


"The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." (Psalm 18:28b) Who do you trust with your secret homeschooling anxieties? With an antagonistic public already waiting to pounce on your educational or parental failures, many homeschooling parents are reluctant to talk about their frustrations. Even within the homeschooling community, homeschoolers struggle alone in silence as they listen to other parents expound on their wonderful homeschooling activities and successes. Although spouses, homeschooling coops, and Websites offer some helpful advice and encouragement, most homeschooling parents long to talk to a soul mate - someone who truly understands the dark, ugly emotions of resentment and selfishness that can surface when homeschooling.No one wants to be negative, but the pressures of everyday life can put out the Lord's light in any homeschooling parent. The Apostle Paul understood his capability for evil and sin when he cried out, "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do" (Romans 7:18-19). Praise God, when Satan tempts us to be our worst, God is waiting to help us be our best. He gives us the power we need to say "No" to our selfish desires. He understands our homeschooling hurts and need for understanding (Hebrews 4:15). Most of all, in His warm embrace, we find the truest friend who is ready to listen and light our way through the dark times.If you sense the darkness growing inside your heart, don't sit in your silent pain any longer. Chase the shadows away and cry out to the One who cares about your every need. Let Him gently guide and lift you up with His forgiving love. "I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings." (Psalm 40:1-2)


Lord, I cry out to You today. I feel so bogged down in these emotions that are trying to lead me to despair. Help me find my way and remind me of the homeschooling blessings that You have given. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Hugs to you all
Bunny

3 comments:

Daisy said...

This came along at the perfect time! Thanks for sharing! :o)

FatcatPaulanne said...

I've been thinking about you often. My Dad has advanced lung disease (COPD) and my mom has been having some memory problems, so I know where you are coming from, trying to take care of your Mama.

It's hard.

Thanks for sharing the words of wisdom for all of us.

Donna said...

I realy needed to read your post - It is so me lately!
I have to stop dwelling on the negative/frustrations and look at some of the positive things even though sometimes it is very hard to find them.
Thank you for sharing.