1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or
the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons.
All other vegetables must be replanted every year.
What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear
is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way.
How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common
words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English Grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in
any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."
Okay are you finished thinking????
I want to post a cute thinking picture, but can not get blogger to cooperate with where I want to put it!!
I am leaving spaces so don't cheat!!
2. Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)
3. Asparagus and Rhubarb
5. It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire gowing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
6. Dwarf, dwell and dwindle.
7. Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation makrs, brackets, parenthesis, braces and ellipses.
9. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.
Hope you all enjoyed it!!