Tuesday, September 25, 2007

NO MORE CRUTCHES!!! FINALLY!!!!

Doctor said that Katrina should stop using the crutches and only use the brace when in public and at bed!!!! I am so excited!!!!! She says that she has forgotten how to walk. The complaining hasn't gone away yet, but hopefully she will "remember" how to walk soon.


I am trying to get us up earlier and lessons done early, but it just never seems to happen. I am slow moving in the morning, which doesn't help.



Dylan learned about triangles today.



Here he is with his Equilateral, Isosceles, and Scalene triangles made with graph paper.



We read the book "The Greedy Triangle" by Marilyn Burns and this picture is where the Greedy Triangle liked it the best. Can you find him???





I really like how we can have fun learning like this, but sometimes it is hard. Especially when Katrina wants my attention also!!
So today I tried hard. Dylan is using Scott Foresman Reading grade 3, and his story to read this week was in the form of a play. I asked Trina to be the girl part. We had fun reading the play. We laughed alot because it was Dylan's first time reading a play and he would read the name of the character and all the directions with his lines. We had fun with it.

Then tonight we took Dylan's multiplication by 2's and did them over and over. I also had him spell his first 5 words from his spelling list over and over. I am going to try to do this all day and in the evening hours also. Some nights it won't work with Religious Education and Scouts, but I can try!!!

I still plan too much and never seem to get to it all. I have had a cool art lesson planned for about a month now, just no time to do it!!!

Oh well.....must go and get the kiddo's to bed.

Bunny

2 comments:

Amie said...

I just don't know how you get it all in and stay sane girl!

Daisy said...

Hope that Katrina is soon walking with ease!

LOVE the triangles. Those pictures are so cute! He has great hair!

Hang in there mom!