Sunday, September 16, 2007

Math and Science Fun

Here is Dylan learning how to divide. I had him make a snack mix.
I would put 56 goldfish in a bowl and tell him to divide it by 8 bowls. How many goldfish in each bowl? He did use his multiplication chart, but loved doing it!!! We used goldfish, cashews, M & M's, peanut M & M's, little marshmallows, Cheeze -its, Teddy Grahams, and sprinkled sunflower seeds on top.



Here Dylan is with our homemade Barometer.
Katrina is learning about air pressure and Dylan
wants to be included also!!

I am try to post more pictures, but haven't learned how to use blogger yet!!! LOL!!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

FatcatPaulanne said...

What a cool way to do division. My younger 2 kids have been doing it the non-fun way but I told them we've been doing division by 5 their whole lives. It goes like this, Mom brings a box of toaster struedel home from the grocery. It has 6 streudels in it. Immediately the kids start doing the math 6 divided by 5 people in the house and they know that we each get one and we have to draw names for the left over 1. (the remainder)

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Sorry about whining!